Department of Research and Development:
Considering the fact that the center works mostly on scientific and technical aspects associated to the field of meteorology and earthquakes, and since a significant amount of technical data and information are collected on daily bases whether at the State or international levels, the need has then risen to the necessity to provide the following 3 important elements:
- Conduct scientific researches with specified studies to learn further about scientific subjects in the field of meteorology and earthquakes. Results of the researches and studies can be used on applied purposes such as the employment of solar energy, wind energy in addition to concerns linked to the effects of climate change, drought, desertification, air pollution, the environment, research and studies connected to the effects of earthquakes and its related consequences.
- Technical training in the field of meteorology and Seismology for center’s staff and participants from other sectors of the State or other countries.
This department includes three sections where each one manages one of these tasks. Following are prime outlines of its responsibilities:
- Department of scientific researches and studies specialized in the following:
- Conduct scientific research, particularly the applied ones, linked to atmospheric or earthquakes.
- Conduct dedicated studies in Meteorology and Seismology.
- Coordination with universities and scientific research institutes in conducting shared studies and researches in the field of center’s concerned subjects.
- Meet the scientific studies demands of various bodies of the State connected to weather changes with its impact on their activity along with the effects of earthquakes.
- Take the necessary action in distributing researches and studies’ findings in scientific bulletins.
- Department of Research and Development (R & D) specialized in the following:
- Design and develop technical applications and software.
- Extend the required software or hardware technical support to center’s departments.
- Verify methods to increase accuracy and speed of information delivery.
- Continuous worldwide observations on development in software and hardware technology in order to benefit in improving the centre.
- Investigate technical problems encountered by the center’s departments and consequently come up with solutions.
- Department of Training specialized in the following:
- Set up specialized training programs in the field of meteorology and earthquakes in accordance to center’s requirements as well other associates institutions.
- Set up curriculum for several courses.
- On time execution of training program with its various sessions.
- Organize exams with its preparation and testifying its results.
- Issue course certification to whom passed.
- Participation in the teaching of Meteorology and Seismology syllabuses being taught and conducted at universities and institutes.
- Preparation of cultural programs to be held in the Centre in order to improve staff scientific levels.
Working in these areas requires qualified specialists in the fields of meteorology and earthquakes skilled in computer applications. It diverse beyond university qualification up to post graduate studies Master and PhD. It includes university qualifications in mathematics, physics, meteorology, earthquakes and computer studies. This also contains specific training courses for experts. As regard to technicians, their work requires an above average qualification supported by center’s training courses.